Program is available to qualified U.S. and Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have spent at least 8 years out of the last 10 years residing in North America. The American Program in the Technion Faculty of Medicine offers an opportunity for students to pursue an M.D. educational program with a curriculum and course of study patterned after U.S. medical schools. Equal consideration is given to all applications from qualified applicants without regard to sex, religion, age, race, color, national origin, or physical handicap, within the meaning of applicable federal and state laws.
To qualify for admission an applicant must have:
- Completed a baccalaureate degree and required pre-med courses (U.S. or Canadian college graduates) at the time of entrance into the program
- Successfully completed the following courses:
- General Chemistry – one-year course with laboratory
- Organic Chemistry – one-year course with laboratory
- General Physics – one-year course with laboratory
- General Biology – one-year course with laboratory
- Statistics and Calculus are recommended
- Taken the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
The Admissions Committee has no preference regarding an applicant’s undergraduate major. The committee is interested in the applicant’s science preparation and in the breadth of the total undergraduate academic and extracurricular experiences. The TeAMs program hopes to attract highly qualified men and women whose personal qualities and achievements indicate great promise for becoming outstanding clinical physicians.